New Jersey WIC Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program (FMNP)
Download and view the Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program Client Brochure: Click Here
The WIC Farmer’s Market Program provides benefits to purchase locally grown fruits, vegetables and herbs at participating farm stands. The program begins June 1st and ends October 30th. Benefits are issued once a year to eligible clients, which include:
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women
- Post-partum women
- Children 2 and over
- Children must be 2 before June 1st
The 2023 Farmer’s Market benefit amount is $30 per eligible client. Benefits are issued to a QR code that the farm will scan when you check out. The QR code can be printed for you at the WIC office, emailed to you by request, or accessed via the participant portal.
How to retrieve the QR code on the Participant Portal:
- Have your eWIC card nearby – you will need your card number
- Click on Portal Website URL : https://wic.nj.gov/participantportal (Link on WIC Shopper App)
- New Users (if you have NEVER logged into the portal)
- Have you participated in NJ WIC before? Sign up, YES
- Enter Authorized Representative’s Last Name, DOB and Card Number.
- Click on Sign up with google if you want to use your Gmail ID.
- Click on sign up with email if using any other email other than Gmail.
- Fill out the details on sign up form (first name, last name, email id, password of your choice)
- Click on next. Verification email will be sent to your email id. Click on link provided in verification email. This completes sign up process for portal. Once you verified your email id, navigate to portal and login using email you registered
- Remember your Password!!
- Existing Portal users
- Select Sign-In and sign-in option
- Participant portal webpage is displayed with Auth. Rep’s details and benefit information.
- Access QR CODE:
- On left side menu, Click on Small QR code icon as shown below:
- QR code is now displayed with available benefit balance with first date to use (FDTU) & Last date to use (LDTU)
Take a screenshot of your QR code and save to your phone for easy access at the farm market!
View the PDF version with screenshots: Click Here
For a list of participating Farmer’s Markets:
Check the WIC Shopper App
View the Gloucester County list here: Click Here
Check the NJ WIC website: https://www.nj.gov/health/fhs/wic/farmers-markets/
For a list of what’s in season: https://nj.gov/agriculture/divisions/fn/pdf/njseasonalitychart.pdf
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has a few tips for women who are planning on a healthy pregnancy.
5 Steps to Get Ready for a Healthy Pregnancy
- Take 400 micrograms (mcg) of folic acid every day for at least 1 month before getting pregnant to help prevent birth defects.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol.
- If you have a medical condition, be sure it is under control. Some conditions include:
- Oral Health
- Also, be sure that your vaccinations are up to date
- Talk to a health care professional about any over-the-counter and prescription medicines you are taking. These include dietary or herbal supplements.
- Avoid contact with toxic substances or materials that could cause infection at work and at home. Stay away from chemicals and cat or rodent feces.
A healthy pregnancy and delivery is achievable. Take advantage of resources available to you. The NJ Parent Link has a list of online resources for families.
In Gloucester County, resources are available for pregnant women and their families such as:
- The Gloucester County Department of Health administers the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program. For eligibility requirements and more information click here.
- WIC Breastfeeding Support
- Two Federally Qualified Healthcare Centers, or primary care clinics, are located in Gloucester County. Both agencies offer low cost care for pregnant women: