Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program of Gloucester County provides services and food vouchers to pregnant or post-partum women, infants, and children under five years old free of charge to eligible local residents.
Benefits & Services
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Immunization screening and referrals
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Referrals for free or reduced-cost health care
- Referrals to health or social services such as:
- Family care (health care)
- Food stamps/Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- WIC checks for nutritious foods (cashed at grocery stores)
The following WIC food categories are authorized:
- 100% Juice
- Baby Food
- Canned Fish
- Dried or Canned Beans, Peas or Lentils
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Infant Cereal
- Infant Formula
- Peanut Butter
- Soy Beverage
- Whole Grain Bread, Brown Rice or Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Whole Grain Cereal
Updates to Authorized WIC Foods
Effective January 1, 2023 WIC authorized foods have been expanded to include more brands, varieties and sizes. Some of the changes include:
- Cheese – 8oz packages
- Yogurt – New brands and flavors, packs of 4oz containers
- Cereal – 12 oz boxes
- Whole grain pasta – New brands and varieties
- Beans, Peas & Lentils – Organic options
- Pureed infant foods – New brands, multi-packs, organic options and pouches
- Fruits & Vegetables – Canned, single serving sizes (fruit cup packs), Stewed & Diced Tomatoes
Check out the WIC Shopper App for the full list of WIC Authorized Foods, or view updates online at https://www.nj.gov/health/fhs/wic/participants/use-wic-benefits/. You can verify WIC approved foods in the WIC Shopper App using the Scan Barcode feature prior to check out. Don’t forget to swipe your WIC EBT card first before using another form of payment such as SNAP, debit card or cash – WIC approved items will be deducted from the total, saving you money for other food items! Contact the WIC office to schedule an appointment: (856)218-4116, firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online at https://wic.nj.gov/participantportal/
WIC Benefits, Food List, and Vouchers
WIC Foods Provide
- Calcium for strong teeth and bones
- Infections and absorbing iron
- Iron for healthy blood
- Protein for growth
- Vitamin C for wound healing, fighting
- Vitamin A for healthy skin, hair, and vision
Where to Shop
Find a list of WIC Authorized Stores at https://www.nj.gov/health/fhs/wic/participants/find-wic-store/
For a list of WIC approved vendors and Farmer's Markets, please check the WIC Shopper App.
View additional service sites.
Don't Forget to Use Your WIC Benefit!
The WIC office wants to remind you to use your WIC benefits!
Don’t run out of WIC benefits. You no longer have to come to the office for benefit pick up (formerly “check pick up”). Complete your appointment requirements at home by completing a nutrition lesson online @ www.njwiconline.org. There are over 50 nutrition lessons to choose from on infant, child, prenatal and breastfeeding nutrition. Lessons are quick and should only take a few minutes to complete. Once finished contact the WIC office to have benefits loaded to your account and schedule your next appointment. Phone (856)218-4116, text 85511, or email email@example.com.