Veterans Services

Recordation of Military Discharges

The County Clerk’s Office records Honorable Discharges and Honorable DD-214’s free of charge. Recording these important papers affords Veterans the security of knowing that their discharges are permanently on record within the Clerk’s Record Room. All documents are considered confidential and can be accessed by only veterans or their family members.

DD-214's are not considered public record and can not be viewed by the general public  

"Veterans still battling the 1973 St. Louis fire that destroyed millions of services records" - view the full article (PDF)

Gold Star Parent Card and Gold Star Family Card

The Gloucester County Clerk is proud to offer both Gold Star Parent Cards and Gold Star Family Cards. The Gold Star ID cards are a way for Gloucester County to recognize and honor the parents and families of members of the U.S Armed Forces who have died while on active duty. This card gives Gold Star Parents and Families the ability to access benefits such as discounts and other courtesies that are extended to military families. Call 856-853-3235 for more information.

Veteran's Entitlements

View Veteran's Entitlements Eligibility Guidelines (PDF).

Income Tax Exemption for Veterans

Find additional information by seeing the 2017 Income Tax Exemption for Veterans (PDF).

Vets.Gov Website Revamped

The U.S. Digital Services recently revamped the website.

Photo Identification Cards

Veterans can also receive a Veteran’s Photo Identification Card that lists the books and the pages of their discharges as well as the branches of military service. This service is free to all honorably discharged Gloucester County Veterans.

Disabled Veterans - Purple Heart Parking Placards

New Jersey law (N.J.S.A. 39:4-207.10) permits exemption from payment of municipal parking meter fees, for up to 24 hours, for disabled veterans and Purple Heart recipients under certain, special circumstance.

For more information, see the Disabled Veterans Parking Placards (PDF).

Veteran's Vending Licenses

Veterans residing in Gloucester County may apply for a Veteran’s Vending License. There is no charge for this service, however, you must demonstrate proof of residency and be approved by the State of New Jersey’s Department of Military and Veterans’ Affairs.