Passport photos are available through the Gloucester County Clerk's office at $5 per person or $10 per family.
The County Clerk provides free passport photos for children ages five and younger when applying for a U.S. Passport Book or Card.
Click here for the Department of State’s Passport Applications and additional information.
Please be aware there are third party websites which will unethically charge for copies of passport applications. You DO NOT have to pay a fee for a copy of a passport application or to schedule an appointment with the County Clerk’s Office.
Requirements for U.S. Passport Book & Passport Card
- Application (Passport) Fee - Paid by Check or Money Order only to U.S. Department of State. Please note that each application must have its own check or money order.
- Birth Certificate listing both parents names (no matter what age you are) with impressed or raised seal of issuing agent or Expired Passport or Naturalization Papers. Important! Hospital Birth Certificates and Baptismal Certificates are Not Acceptable! Per the Department of State, we can no longer accept Birth Certificates issued by Secaucus/Jersey City/Hudson County Vital Statistics. Birth Certificates and Naturalization papers go with the Application and will be returned either with the new Passport or 10 to 14 days later. If you need copies of these documents, please make them prior to applying. All children 15 and under must submit an expired passport (if available) along with the long form birth certificate listing both parents' names. Both parents must be present when applying. Please know applicant's social security number.
- Driver's License or an Expired Passport - If you do not have either of these forms of identification, then please call our office for further instruction. All out of state applicants must provide a secondary ID such as a school/work ID, health card or social security card.
- One photo-portrait type 2 inches by 2 inches - See specific instructions attached to the application. Photos can be taken at the County Clerk's Office and the County Store for a fee of $5 per person or $10 per family. This fee can be added on to the Processing Fee.
- Prepare unsigned application using black ink - All applicants must apply in person.
- Processing (Acceptance) Fee- Paid by Visa/MasterCard/Discover, Cash, Check or Money Order to Gloucester County Clerk. $35 per Applicant. If you apply for the Passport Book and Passport Card at the same time, you only pay this fee once. No out-of-state checks will be accepted for the Processing Fee. Please note that the application fee and the processing fee cannot be combined as each fee is paid to a separate entity.
- Processing times can be found on the Department of State website - If you require expedited service, please call our office to find what additional fees are required. Please be advised that processing times are subject to change.
Requirement for U.S. Birth Certificates
Beginning April 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of State requires the full names of the applicant's parent(s) to be listed on all certified birth certificates to be considered as primary evidence of U.S. citizenship for all passport applicants, regardless of age. Certified birth certificates missing this information will not be acceptable as evidence of citizenship. This will not affect applications already in-process that have been submitted or accepted before the effective date.
In addition to this requirement, certified copies of birth certificates must also include the following information to be considered acceptable primary evidence of U.S. citizenship:
- Full name of the applicant
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Full names of applicant's parents
- Raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal of issuing authority
- Registrar's signature
- The date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office (must be within one year)
- If you have a birth certificate that does not meet these requirements, please see Secondary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship.
- If you were born in Puerto Rico, please visit the Travel State government website for further instructions.
Please note that the Passport Fee and the Acceptance Fee are paid separately.
Please review the passport fee chart (PDF) on the Department of State website for a breakdown of fees.
Secondary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
If you cannot present primary evidence of U.S. citizenship, you must submit secondary evidence of U.S. citizenship.
Early Public Records
If you were born in the United States and cannot present primary evidence of U.S. citizenship, submit a combination of early public records as evidence of your U.S. citizenship. Early public records must be submitted with a Letter of No Record. Early public records should show your name, date of birth, place of birth, and preferably be created within the first five years of your life. Examples of early public records are:
- Baptismal certificate
- Census record
- Doctor's record of post-natal care
- Early school record
- Family bible record
- Hospital birth certificate
Early Public Records are not acceptable when presented alone.
Important Passport Requirements & Reminders
- All applicants must apply in person; no exceptions.
- All children 15 and under must submit an expired passport (if available) along with the long form birth certificate listing both parents' names. Both parents must be present as well. Please know applicant's social security number.
- The passport card is for land and sea travel only.
- Passport fees and acceptance (processing) fees are paid separately.
- Passports can be processed only at the following County Clerk locations:
- Gloucester County Courthouse
1 N Broad Street
Woodbury, NJ 08096
- Gloucester County Store
1750 Deptford Center Road
Deptford, NJ 08096
- Gloucester County Courthouse
Due to a change in policy, the U.S. Department of State has mandated that the Gloucester County Clerk's Office can no longer process U.S. Passport Applications or distribute Passport Forms from their Satellite Locations.