Human Services Advisory Council
- 4 pm
- 3rd Thursday of each month (except for July and August)
- During the pandemic, meetings are being held virtually. Please call 856-384-6970 for location or call in information
Human Services Advisory Council (HSAC) is a county-based planning, advisory, and advocacy organization dedicated to meeting the human services needs of the local community. The HSAC seeks to facilitate, coordinate, and enhance the delivery of human services through collaborative relationships within our county, and among private and state agencies. Members are appointed by the Gloucester County Board of Chosen Commissioners. The HSAC complies with N.J.A.C. 10:2 County Human Services Councils 2009 (PDF).
Subcommittees of HSAC
- Allocations - to prepare plans for new and on-going state funding allocations, increases, reductions, or reallocation of available funding.
- Appeals - conduct appeals hearings, as needed, from service providers affected by the HSAC recommendations.
- Committee On Missing and Abused (COMA) - The purpose is to address the problems of child abuse and missing children in the county. Its activities may include, but not be limited to arranging for educational programs for parents and children, providing information concerning the available services in the county and in the State for abused children and their parents and the parents of missing children, and coordinating the provision of services and programs concerning child abuse and missing children that are offered in the county and neighboring counties. COMA Poster
- Comprehensive Emergency Assistance System (CEAS) - to serve as the primary vehicle for planning and coordinating the delivery of emergency services to the homeless (including designated core social services for the homeless) within the county. This committee develops service priorities and spending priorities for homeless funds.
- Management Assistance Resource Team (MART) - to review and make recommendations on the renewal of existing purchase of service contracts and provide technical assistance to agencies according to the Human Services Performance Standards.
- Nominating - the purpose is to nominate individuals for the bi-annual election of Executive Officers and Chairpersons of all Standing Committees. It is also charged with recommending the appointment and removal of Council members. It is charged with the responsibility to actively recruit and recommend membership for the Council.
- Planning - To periodically develop, upgrade, and monitor a County Comprehensive Services Plan, under the Department's guidance, addressing the needs of the local community. This committee conducts/secures needs assessments of target populations, and addresses the development of service priorities to meet those needs. It develops strategies to secure the needed services and ensures completion/updates of comprehensive county service directories to facilitate the access and coordination of services available to residents. The Planning Committee is also responsible for organizing the Ad Hoc Budget Planning Committee. The Budget Committee is responsible for recommending to increase, reduce, or reallocate available funding.
- Work First New Jersey (NJ) - works cooperatively with Workforce Investment Boards and community-based organizations involved in moving individuals from welfare to work.