| |Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.
The Division of Youth Services
The Youth Services Commission (YSC) serves as the primary advisory body to the Gloucester County Board of Chosen Freeholders regarding issues related to youth at risk or involved in Family Court. The YSC meets the third Wednesday of the month at 3:00 pm at the Gloucester County Offices, 115 Budd Blvd., West Deptford (adjacent to Southwood Shopping Plaza). Responsible for planning and funding of services for youth involved or at risk of involvement in the juvenile justice system in five key domains including:
- Prevention - Services funded included after school programs for youth in Woodbury, Paulsboro and Glassboro, the SURE Student Summit, and Bully-Prevention in local school districts.
- Diversion - Services funded include a station-house adjustment program for youth who have minor offenses and the Family Crisis Intervention Unit. Also funded is a specialized counseling service for youth who have been sexually abused and are at-risk for involvement in Family Court.
- Detention - Juvenile Detention services are now provided by Camden County under a shared services agreement. Youth are reviewed bi-monthly for service requests by the Juvenile Expediting Team.
- Disposition - Services funded include specialized counseling for Juvenile Sex Offenders and Substance Abuse Treatment. Also funded are programs for youth on Juvenile Probation including cognitive behavioral skills training, and employment and education advocacy services.
- Re Entry - Youth coming back into the county from secure care need targeted, personalized services, accessible through the previously listed programs and the Juvenile Expediting Team client-specific funding.
Comprehensive Gloucester County Plan 2015-2017