GLOUCESTER COUNTY EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM (E.R.T)
Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office
The Gloucester County E.R.T is a multi-jurisdictional team comprised of Law Enforcement officers from local and county police agencies within Gloucester County. The E.R.T. is under the direct control and supervision of the Gloucester County Prosecutors Office.
E.R.T. provides support to local law enforcement during the performance of diverse police functions, such as searches, search and rescue operations, crowd control, and perimeter security.
Under the direction of the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office, E.R.T. has established protocols pertaining to the management and command of major incidents. Major incidents present special problems to law enforcement officers, citizens, and victims. Although every major incident is different and dynamic, a basic plan of action, established command structure and recurring training greatly assists responding officers.
The team’s purpose is to provide additional law enforcement personnel to assist local, county, state or federal police agencies as needed. Typical incidents involving the activation of E.R.T. include:
- Assist SWAT;
- O.E.M.activations, such as hazmat or weather related incidents;
- Riot or crowd control;
- Natural disasters;
- Major fires;
- Search and seizure investigations;
- Field searches: evidence collection, missing persons, etc;
- Execution of search warrants and arrest warrants;
- Acts of terrorism or national threat level emergencies;
- Assist Gloucester County Sheriff's Department and Department of Corrections;
- Mass arrest situations;
- Governmental building security.