Mortonson-Schorn Log Cabin
This log cabin was built by Morton Mortonson, the grandfather of John Morton, who signed the Declaration of Independence.
Of Swedish-type construction, the structure consists of one small room with no windows and a single door.
Morton Mortonson, arrived in the Delaware Valley in May, 1654. Prior to and during the Civil War, the Mortonson-Schorn Cabin was used as a station for the Underground Railroad and has been often referred to since as the Slave House, It is one of the oldest original log cabins of early Swedish-Finnish architecture in the United States.
Off U.S. 322, two miles east of Bridgeport. Between Swedesboro and Repaupo on Raccoon Creek.