The Gloucester County Board of Commissioners and the Gloucester County Certified Gardeners have announced their 2023 Home Gardening School line-up.
“These classes are designed for individuals with an interest in gardening, horticulture and the environment,” said Director Frank J. DiMarco. “All individuals are welcome, whether experienced gardeners or novices.”
Classes are held every other Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Gloucester County Clayton Complex, 1200 N. Delsea Drive, Clayton.
“These classes are a great way to introduce yourself to home gardening. Our Certified Gardeners are experts in their field with a lot of information to share,” said Commissioner Lyman Barnes, liaison to the Certified Gardeners. “We’ll explore topics like entomology, houseplant care, vegetable gardening and composting. Gardening can build self-esteem, relieve stress, give you a boost of Vitamin C and benefit the whole family once your hard work pays off!”
The following are the dates and topics of our 2023 series:
- January 18—Plant Propagation
- January 25-- Basic Entomology
- February 1—Insects and Mites of Ornamentals
- February 8—Pesticides: Use And Safety
- February 15—Caring for Your Lawn
- February 22—Houseplants
- March 1—Integrated Pest Management
- March 15—Weed Identification and Control
- March 29—What’s Wrong With My Plant? Plant Pathology
- April 5—Gardening for Butterflies and Other Pollinators
- April 12—Home Vegetable Gardening
- April 19—Annuals and Perennials
- April 26—Native Plants
- May 3—Tree Fruit and Small Fruit in the Home Garden
- May 10—What’s Bugging My House? Insects that infest the home
- May 16—Get the Dirt on Soil—and Composting
The fee is $15.00 per class or $10.00 per class if you sign up for five or more. Pre-registration is requested but not required. For further information, brochures, or to register, contact GC Office of Land Preservation, 856-224-8045, or email email@example.com.
To learn more about the Certified Gardeners, visithttps://www.gloucestercountynj.gov/399/Certified-Gardeners-Program.