Gloucester County Department of Economic Development will foster public/private partnerships in order to create an environment of sustainable growth through retaining, expanding, and attracting quality businesses (Business Development) and by developing an educated/trained workforce (Workforce Development WDB/WIOA).
The Department of Economic Development offers the following to businesses across our county:
- Assist businesses to find suitable locations in the county for their clients.
- Economic Development can help with establishing relationships with municipalities for their project, assisting them with their infrastructure requirements (water, sewer, electric, gas, rail, internet, harbor), establishing relationships with Rowan University or Rowan College at South Jersey for their workforce and/or future projects and informing them of federal and state incentives for their project or workforce.
- Assist businesses directly by:
- Finding suitable financing for expansion or equipment upgrades
- Informing them of incentives pertaining to NJ clean energy and/or solar projects
- Counseling new and/or existing businesses with starting a new business or plan for future growth
- Assisting with employment needs
- Aid them with establishing relationships with our partners for training and taking advantage of the various state and/or federal programs to expand and/or improve their workforce
- Assisting with financing options with county, state and federal programs
- Establishing relationships with our partners to navigate federal and or state requirements and or programs pertaining to the pandemic
- Establishing relationships with the various chambers to improve their marketability
- Running various events with our partners to promote small business (Shop Local, and Best Of Gloucester County)
Gloucester is a bustling county located just southeast of Philadelphia in the metro Philadelphia market. With over 12,000 businesses both small and large Gloucester County is no doubt the prime location for the long term, sustainable growth your business needs.
Our economy is a thriving and diverse mixture of agri-business, manufacturing, heavy industry, commercial enterprise and innovative new technology companies. Local businesses produce and distribute a number of products such as petrol chemical products, fabricated metals, medical instruments and devices, as well as a vast assortment of food products.
Whether you are starting a new business venture or expanding an existing one, Gloucester County has the land, location, and labor force for your company to grow and prosper in our community!
Contact the Department of Economic Development at 856-384-6930 or visit:https://www.gloucestercountynj.gov/397/Economic-Development.
We hope if you are in need, you will not hesitate to reach out to our departments and offices.
Robert M. Damminger
Gloucester County Board of Commissioners