- Prosecutor's Office
- Prosecution Units
The mission of Community Prosecution is to create new partnerships and collaborations between police, prosecutors, public and private organizations and citizens to work together to identify and solve problems, improve public safety and enhance the quality of life in the community.
Community Prosecution also enables the community to understand the role of the Prosecutor's Office and allows residents to provide input into law enforcement decisions while restoring community faith and trust in police and prosecutors and giving individuals the opportunity to contribute to the betterment of the community.
The Role of the Community Justice Assistant Prosecutor
- Identify and analyze crime and other problems in specific geographic areas in cooperation with the community and other governmental agencies
- Develop solutions that include traditional criminal and juvenile justice responses combined with alternative modes to resolve conflict and prevent crime
- Pay attention to crime prevention and less serious violations
- Engage in a long term, proactive, committed partnership with law enforcement agencies, the community, and other public and private organizations to provide services needed to solve existing neighborhood problems
- Organize and sponsor community outreach events
- Act as facilitators for the Prosecutor's Anti-Crime Program
- Develop and conduct a summer intern program offering positive exposure and hands on experience within the law enforcement and judicial systems
The Prosecutor's Anti-Crime Program, which is currently active in the three municipalities, utilizes a comprehensive approach to address quality of life issues impacting the community. These issues include:
- Housing issues
- Municipal law enforcement
- Pubic services
- Other youth concerns
Community members are sought out in order to provide a first-hand perspective of problem identification and resolution.
For More Information
For more information, please contact 856-384-5500.