- Health & Human Services
- Health Department
- Public Health
- Health & Human Services
- Veteran Services & Dialysis Services
Veteran Services & Dialysis Services
The Department of Transportation Services (DTS) offers transportation services to qualified veterans to non-emergency medical appointments at area Veterans Affairs (VA) Hospitals and the VA Clinic situated in Sewell, New Jersey.
Philadelphia Hospital Shuttle Bus Service
Veterans may ride the Philadelphia hospital shuttle bus service which is offered Monday through Thursday. The Philadelphia hospital shuttle service picks up veterans at their home and transports them to one of the two staging points to meet the Philadelphia bus. The bus arrives at the VA Hospital in Philadelphia at 10 am and returns from the VA Hospital at 1 pm. View the Philadelphia Hospital Shuttle Schedule
Sewell Shuttle Services
In addition to Philadelphia service, Gloucester County eligible veterans are offered transportation to the VA Clinic in Sewell, New Jersey. This service is available Monday through Friday, 8am to 1:30pm. Veterans must call the DTS scheduling line at least three business days ahead to reserve a ride. The scheduling telephone line is 856-686-8350.
Elsmere - Limited Service
Limited service is also offered to the VA Hospital in Elsmere, Delaware on Wednesdays. Veterans may call the DTS information line at 856-686-8355 or the scheduling line at 856-686-8350 to learn more about the hours available for transport to this facility.
Veterans must provide a DD-214 Form (Discharge Form) as proof of eligibility for travel to VA facilities.
- Gloucester County DTS provides transportation to Gloucester County dialysis centers as part of the non-emergency medical transportation service. DTS works with dialysis center social workers to schedule transportation for dialysis patients. This service is offered Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 am to 3 pm.
- DTS is unable to provide for all requested dialysis rides, however, by working with staff from the dialysis centers, rides are offered to as many dialysis patients as possible. If a dialysis patient is placed on the transportation waiting list, DTS staff will offer service when space is available.
- Dialysis patients and/or their families are asked to work through their dialysis units to schedule transportation for dialysis treatments. Gloucester County DTS works with each dialysis center to arrange transportation for their patients.
- Residents may call the DTS information line at 856-686-8355 to learn more about the transportation services offered to Gloucester county residents who are receiving dialysis treatments.