Red Bank Battlefield

The James and Ann Whitall House built in 1748Overview

Red Bank Battlefield is Gloucester County’s historic park. Located on the waterfront of the Delaware River, Red Bank Battlefield played a crucial role in the Revolutionary War when Hessians attacked Fort Mercer on October 22, 1777. The park is home to the James and Ann Whitall house. Built in 1748, the Whitall House offers tours and programs throughout the year that focus on the history of the park.

 

The Gloucester County Certified Gardeners maintain our historic gardens. The gardeners are volunteers who actively work to cultivate vegetables, culinary and medicinal herbs, dyeing flowers, and cutting flowers that are historically representative of the eighteenth century. Learn what herbs Ann Whitall would have used to treat a cough or heal a wound. Observe how flower pigments added color to clothing. Hear about true farm to table families.  


For additional information, see the Red Bank Battlefield Park facility page.

Social Media

Like the Red Bank Battlefield Park Facebook page.