- Economic Development
- COVID-19 Resources
- Small Business Recovery
Small Business Recovery
**** PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED ****
Eligibility is now open to businesses established as of 12/31/2020 with 20 or less employees and includes wineries, breweries, and distilleries.
For any questions or assistance with completing your application, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In response to the economic hardships experienced by small businesses resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, Gloucester County launched the Small Business Recovery Program in an effort to retain jobs and stabilize local businesses. Grant awards up to $10,000 will be provided to eligible for profit businesses. CARES Act funds allocated by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) through the Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG-CV) provides the funds for this program. Approximately $1.2 Million has been set aside to award eligible businesses.
Funding is targeted to retail, restaurants, entertainment, hospitality, and non-professional service businesses including seasonal businesses with up to twenty (20) employees (including full and part-time) that were in business as of December 31, 2020. Home-based businesses and those identified as ineligible will not be considered for assistance. The business must submit a statement of Coronavirus business disruption and/or revenue loss and explain how the CDBG assistance will be used to maintain the employment of existing employees.
- Please refer to the County’s Program Policy and Procedures for full details of program. To view click here
- Before starting this application, please check to be sure the business is in “good standing” with the State of New Jersey (not applicable for sole proprietors) and has a DUNS.
- Business must be physically located in Gloucester County.
- Grants must be submitted using the legal name of the business or Gloucester County will be unable to process a payment to the grantee. The legal name of the business must match the IRS taxpayer identification number.
HOW TO APPLY
- Click here to Register as a user on the Neighborly online portal
- Register by entering a valid email address and enter your name and create a password
- Your email and password will be your credentials for future login
- Select the Application : Microenterprise Grant Program
- Once you begin your application, you will be assigned a Case ID# and will be able to save your application and go back in to complete if you need time to collect your documents to upload. **Please note that once you submit your application, you cannot re-open for edits.
- DO NOT SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION FOR YOUR BUSINESS – DUPLICATES WILL BE ELIMINATED DURING THE LOTTERY PROCESS.
- Once the application submission is closed, you will be able to check the status of your application by logging in.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WITH APPLICATION:
- State issued Photo ID of Applicant(s) *Required
- Tax Return - (Most Recent) *Required
- 3 most current business bank account statements.*Required
- Current Lease or Property Loan Document. *Required
- Photo of Storefront *Required
- W-9 *Required
- Evidence of Eligible Unpaid/Reimbursable Business Expenses *Required
- NJ Business Registration Certificate *Required
- Paystubs or Other Evidence of the Referenced LMI Person(s) *Required
- NJ-WR30 - Not Required for Sole Proprietorships.