Gloucester County Sheriff's Office Internal Affairs Unit 856-384-4686
The members of the Gloucester County Sheriffs Office are committed to providing law enforcement services that are fair, effective, and impartially applied. It is in the best interests of everyone that your complaint about the performance of an individual officer is resolved fairly and promptly. The Gloucester County Sheriffs Office has formal procedures for investigating your complaint. These procedures ensure fairness and protect the rights of both citizens and law enforcement officers.
- Your complaint will be sent to a superior officer or a specially trained internal affairs officer who will conduct a thorough and objective investigation.
- You might be asked to help in the investigation by giving a detailed statement about what happened or providing other important information.
- All complaints against law enforcement officers are thoroughly investigated You will be advised in writing of the outcome of the investigation.
- If our investigation shows that a crime might have been committed, the county prosecutor will be notified. You might be asked to testify in court.
- If our investigation results in an officer being charged with a violation of department rules , you might be asked to testify in a departmental hearing.
- If our investigation shows that the complaint is unfounded or that the officer acted properly , the matter will be closed.
- All disciplinary hearings shall be closed to the public unless the defendant officer requests an open hearing .
- It is unlawful to provide information in this matter which you do not believe to be true.
- You may call the Gloucester County Sheriffs Office Internal Affairs Unit at 856-384-4686 with any additional information or any questions about the case.
Any person with a complaint regarding a Gloucester County Sheriff Officer may complete the attached Citizens Complaint form and click "Email;" at which time, the form will be sent directly to an Internal Affairs Investigator. You may also complete
and print the form to take to the Gloucester County Sheriffs Office, 2 South Broad
Street, Woodbury, New Jersey. Please contact any of the listed Internal Affairs
Investigators if you have an y questions or concerns.
To obtain a Citizens Complaint Form you may go to the Gloucester County Sheriffs Office or click here to down load a copy.
Any citizen complaints contact:
Chief Warrant Officer George Johnson 856-384-4686 email@example.com
Investigator Edward McCormick 856-384-4674 firstname.lastname@example.org
G.C.D.O.C, Sergeant William Glaze 856-251-6757
Investigator Paula Fox 856-384-4623
2019 Internal Affairs Report
Early Warning System Policy (NJ Attorney General Guideline 2019-3)
Standard Operating Procedures for Early Warning System
Professional Standards Summary Report Form (updated Quarterly)
Drug Testing Policy