Shade Tree Division of Parks and Recreation
The Shade Tree Division of Gloucester County Parks and Recreation will prune or remove reported dead or dangerous trees along County roads. The trees must be located within the right-of-way along County roadways.
The purpose of this service is to protect motorist on county roads.
- The County is not responsible for, nor does the County own the trees within the right-of-way. The landowner is responsible for care and maintenance of trees within the County's right-of-way.
- The County will not remove live or healthy trees, or trees which are lifting sidewalks within the right-of-way.
- The County will not replace trees or plant new trees within the right-of-way.
- The County will not remove a tree from the right-of-way unless it's a hazard to motorists. It is the landowner's responsibility to remove trees, even when located within the County's right-of-way, if it's endangering a residence or structure.
- The County only responds to reported dead or dangerous trees.
If you wish to report a dangerous tree contact Public Works at 856-307-6412.