Please note, that each department within the County of Gloucester may have additional privacy and use policies specific to the mission and needs of their work. Be sure to review those policies as you access additional sites within the County of Gloucester.
Disclaimer - Information
- The County of Gloucester, its officers, employees or agents shall not be liable for damages or losses of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information, including but not limited to, damages or losses caused by reliance upon the accuracy or timeliness of any such information, or damages incurred from the viewing, distributing, or copying of those materials.
- The materials and information provided on http://www.gloucestercountynj.gov/ are provided "as is". No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents of this web site or its hyperlinks to other Internet resources.
Disclaimer - Endorsements
- Reference in this Web site to any specific commercial products, processes or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation or favoring by the County of Gloucester, or its offices, boards, employees and agents.
Disclaimer - Links to Other Web Sites
- This county Web site may contain links to other web sites which are not owned, operated, controlled, or reviewed by the county.
- When you link to one of these sites, you are no longer on the Gloucester County Web site, and we disclaim any liability or obligation to you or any other person that may result from your access to or reliance upon any information contained in these Web sites, including any alleged infringement of copyright or trademark.
- When you link to another Web site, you are subject to the legal terms and privacy rules of that new web site.
- All County of Gloucester computer systems are subject to monitoring at all times to assure proper functioning of the systems, to provide security for the computer system's operation and information contained therein, to prevent unauthorized use, and to deter violations of law. There is no reasonable expectation of privacy in the use of this website.
By using this website, you agree to and accept the following privacy statement:
- E-mail messages, sent to any County of Gloucester address, will be treated the same as any other written communication. They may be subject to public inspection or legal disclosure and may be saved for a period of time before they are destroyed. E-mail or other information requests sent to the County web site may be maintained in order to respond to the request, forward that request to the appropriate agency, or to provide the web designer with valuable customer feedback to assist in improving the site. E-mail addresses obtained as a result of a request to the county site will not be sold or given to private companies for marketing purposes.
- Any other information provided by a visitor at the request of an agency, department, division or any other office of County of Gloucester government, such as the completion and electronic filing of a form, will be considered to be voluntarily provided by the visitor and will be treated in the same manner as information provided in written form or in person during a visit to the agency. Information provided may be subject to public inspection and legal disclosure and may be saved for a period of time before it is destroyed. It may be shared with another public agency or contracted service provider for appropriate action.
Public Access to Your Personal Information
- You do not need to provide personal information about yourself in order to use this county Web site. If you choose to provide us with personal information about yourself in an e-mail to the Office of the County Executive, Board of Chosen Freeholders, department, division, agency or any other County office or to someone else, or by filling out a form with personal information and submitting it through this Web site, we caution you that the law may consider that e-mail or information as a public or government record and require us to comply with lawful demands for public access to it. We will not provide any personal information about you to any third party except as required by law.
- Although the County of Gloucester has taken security precautions to safeguard the security of data in this Web site, we caution you that e-mail on the Internet is often insecure and subject to eavesdropping, and it is not possible to achieve perfect security protection for information maintained in a Web site. Accordingly, we cannot assure you that the security measures we have taken will always prove successful. By your use of this Web site, you accept this risk.
- Surveys will be used for the purpose stated. If personally identifiable information is collected it may be subject to public inspection and legal disclosure and may be saved for a period of time before it is destroyed.
- The County of Gloucester, Division of Data Processing reserves the right to change or amend this policy statement to comply with changes in County procedures.
Internal Monitoring And Audit