The Health Education Program provides speakers and presentations on a wide variety of topics to groups of all sizes. Some of the available presentations include:
- “A Nation in Pain – Arthritis in the US” – Arthritis is one of the most prevalent chronic health problems in the United States. This presentation explains the different types of Arthritis, and ways to reduce pain and inflammation.
- “Be Prepared for your Doctor Visit” – Highlights the steps that everyone should take before, during and after a doctor’s visit, and emphasizes the importance of preventative care.
- “Clean Hands Rule!” – A school aged presentation that illustrates where germs hide the most, and stresses the significance of proper hand washing and covering your cough.
- “Emergency Preparedness 101” - The time for planning for an emergency should not be when it is happening. Learn the steps you can take to protect your family, loved ones and pets.
- “Family Nutrition and Fitness” - In a fast paced world were families have so many responsibilities learn how to remain and achieve a healthy lifestyle through proper nutrition and family activities.
- “Healthy Parenting” – Becoming a new parent is challenging. In this presentation you will learn how to keep you and your baby healthy, and learn about county resources available to help guide you.
- “Overview of Services Provided by GCDHSS” – The Gloucester County Department of Health and Senior Services offers a variety of programs free to its residents. This presentation provides an overview of what our services can provide.
- “Portion Distortion” - Discusses the importance of maintaining a healthy weight through portion control and exercise.
- “Senior Fitness and Wellness”- A healthy lifestyle can be achieved at any age. Learn the benefits of exercise to prevent chronic conditions and what we can do to help you achieve your goals.
- “Summer Safety” – Learn about the proper safety techniques you and your family can take while outdoors during the hot summer months
- “The History of Pandemics” - Every fall physicians recommend receiving the influenza vaccine. The goal of this presentation is to give participants a better understanding of the importance of the flu vaccine and how it has shaped our past, present and future.
- “Wellness Discount Program” – Find out how you and your family can save money on prescription drugs, hearing and vision exams, dental care, diabetic supplies and much more!
For more information contact