WHO CAN BE A POLL WORKER
1. Any Gloucester County registered voter.
2. You must be able to read and write English.
HOW TO BECOME A POLL WORKER
1. Complete and return the Poll worker Application form.
2. You must attend a training class every 2 years to be certified to work at the polls.
POLL WORKER RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Report to work at your assigned polling place at 5:15 a.m. on Election Day.
2. Prepare the polling place for voting.
3. Verify that voters are registered in the district.
4. Demonstrate the voting process to voters upon request.
5. Maintain order at the polls.
6. Close the polling location at 8:00 p.m. or when all voters in line have voted.
POLL WORKER COMPENSATION PER ELECTION
1. Poll workers earn $200.00 for the day.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
For more information, contact:
Gloucester County Board of Elections
P.O. Box 352
Woodbury, NJ 08096
Phone: (856) 384-4501
Fax: (856) 251-1647