Red Bank Battlefield
The Pennsylvania Council of Safety (Revolutionary War) erected Fort Mercer here to guard the river approach to Philadelphia from the British. The Hessians under Count von Donop attacked in 1777, but were defeated.

The battlefield monument was erected in 1906 by the State. During the excavations two ancient cannons, a large number of grape shot, an iron camp stove and other relics were uncovered.

The monument was dedicated June 21, 1906.

County Board of Chosen Freeholders

On Delaware River northwest of Woodbury and near the junction of U.S. 295, U.S. 130, and N.J. 44