Death of the Fox Inn
The inn was built in the early 1700's. This was in the early days a rendezvous of a famous sporting club with membership from Philadelphia and Gloucester County. It got its name because the hunters of the Gloucester Fox Hunting Club (1766 to 1818) often gathered at the inn after the chase. This was the first such hunt club in America. Here the Philadelphia members served a delightful repast and the Gloucester County members could promise good sport with horses, dogs and a fox. The chase even led the sportsmen as far as Salem. During the Revolution it was used for recruiting and as a military headquarters.
(Privately Owned)

In Mount Royal, north of the railroad crossing on County Road 561 (Old Kings Highway)