Fort Billings
 A granite monument marks the location of Fort Billings, which was built during the Revolution to prevent the British fleet from communicating with Philadelphia.

It has the distinction of being purchased by Continental Congress July 4, 1776, the first land purchase of the U.S. government, and was deeded to the Thirteen United Colonies on July 5, 1776, the day after the adoption of the Declaration of Independence.

The monument was erected by the Esso Oil Company, now known as the Humble Oil and Refining Company, to mark the site of the fort used during the Revolutionary War and again fortified for the War with Great Britain 1812-1815.

Humble Oil and Refining Company

Northwestern section of Paulsboro on Delaware River